This is a free tutorial in our Tramp Board Training Series.
The Tramp Training Board training tutorial below introduces you to Shifty 180s. Learn how to do these on the trampoline, so you hit the snow STOMPING big, stylish, laaaaaaazy looking Shifty 180s on the snow!
Before trying the Shifty 180, make sure you have these tricks locked in:
(Narrating/Riding: Nev Lapwood. Filmed At: Whistler Bounce)
Shifty 180 Tips
Once you're all warmed up, strap into your board and start off with a couple of shifties, both Frontside (FS) and Backside (BS). Shifty 180s are exactly how they sound. They are a combination of a shifty and a 180. Why would you want to learn this? Because it's an easy way to make a 180 look super stylish on the hill!
1. You're going to want to have on 180's and shifties on lock down. Make sure you can do FS and BS 180's really easily and shifties in both directions (FS & BS) before moving on to the next step.
The Backside Shifty
The Frontside Shifty
2. Next, you're going to want to do some Frontside Counter Rotated 180s, as Frontside 180s are often considered easier than Backside 180s. This is where your upper body and lower body spin at apposing directions throughout the spin to make that rotation happen
3. Once you've got those Frontside Counter Rotated 180s down, try some stalled out 180s! This is where you leave your board straight for as long as possible. You then bring the board around at the very last second using counter rotation.
4. Now that you have learnt stalled out 180s, you're going to want to incorporate a Backside Shifty into that stalled out Frontside 180. How this works is when you stall out your 180, you push the board in the opposite direction your spinning and then you use your counter rotation to bring it back in the other direction to land:
2. Hold that s#$t until the VEEEEEERY last second before WHIPPING your board the rotation to land.
3. Stomp it, remember how you did the Shifty 180, practice over and over, then stomp it on the snow!
A Training Habit To Get Into So What You Learn in Training TRANSLATES straight to the slopes!
When tramp board training, imagine your actually snowboarding! Therefore, look in the particular direction you would be heading if you were on the snow and imagine you are riding into the jump as you prepare for each trick. When you perform your trick, look in the correct direction at the correct time. This will dramatically improve your tramp board tricks, but when you take these refined tricks to the snow, your habits of correctly looking in the right place at the right time, will already be locked down!
For more help with spins, flips, corks or grabs, make sure you check out our other videos via our Membership.
Want Your Own Training Gear?
In this video, the riders used our snowboard Tramp Training Board and Tramp Board Bindings. Click the links below to learn more, or purchase your own so you can train your snowboarding all year round!
Free shipping in the USA and Canada, Cheap shipping in Europe
The Snowboard Addiction Team
Our Goal Is To Improve Your Riding!