This how to boardslide and lipslide tutorial is part of the free Balance Bar series designed to get you making the most out of your precious training gear.
Sliding sideways is a key element to Boardslides and Lipslides. It is a totally different experience than sliding 50-50's or presses. Mastering sliding sideways is an essential step to unlocking loads of new tricks in the park. Here are some tips to help you master this technique
- Come into the trick with your weight in the center of your board
- When learning, do it two steps. Land 50-50 on a box then transition to the boardslide position
- Bend the knees and hips for better balance and stability
- When facing up the mountain, remember to look over your shoulder downhill
Generally, Boardslides are learned after a shredder masters 50-50's and presses. After you learn this trick, you will have lots of fun mixing up the different boardslide variations in different ways.
A Lipslide is almost identical to a Boardslide in form. The difference is that the board will go over the rail before you start sliding. It's slightly more difficult but is a great way to style it up in the park. After learning Boardslides, if you're struggling to learn Lipslides, try this tip.
- Practice Jumping all the way over the rail a few times before trying a lipslide. This will help you get a feel for the feature.
Boardslides and Lipslides are a great addition to a shredders arsenal of tricks so get on lock at home before you take it to the mountain!
Nev & the Snowboard Addiction Team
Our Goal is to improve your riding!