Balance Bar Training Series - Practice your snowboarding off the snow, so you can be perfect on the snow.
How To Frontside Bluntslide 270 Out
Adding a 270 out on your rail tricks can look sick! However, there's a few concepts that you'll have to master to make sure you're progressing safely and efficiently.
- Backside 360's - Check out our tutorials on 360's
- Frontside BluntSlide to Fakie - Check out our tutorial on slides
The physics between a frontside 360 and a bluntslide 270 out are very similar. To practice and get used to the motion:
- Stand on a carpet and spin a full backside 360
- Now try jumping to a bluntslide, continuing the rotation and flicking a 270 out at the end.
When practicing on the balance bar, start by doing a bluntslide to fakie. This is an essential stepping stone. Using your balance bar:
- Wind up, Pop to the slide, continue the rotation through the trick, and come out switch.
As you progress onto practicing 270's out on the balance bar, remember that by opening up your body and carrying momentum through the trick you will have a much easier time finishing your spin.
The Key to stomping
The most common mistake happens just before you enter your slide. It is absolutely crucial to enter the slide while continually rotating. If any counter rotation is used, then it will be near impossible to flick the 270 out.
In this tutorial we used our snowboard training board and balance bar. Click the links below to learn more, or purchase your own.
- Training Board - Free shipping in the USA for a limited time.
- Balance Bar - Free shipping in the USA for a limited time.
What are you hoping to stomp this year?
To get access to all of our tutorials join the Snowboard Tutorial Membership.
Aaron & the Snowboard Addiction Team
Our Goal is to improve your riding!