Do You Want To Work For A Snowboard Company?
- 2016 summer (Any 4-6 month internship within April 2016 - October 2016)
- 2016/17 winter (Any 4-6 month internship within October 2016 - April 2017)
Have you ever wanted to work for a Snowboard Company? Have you ever wanted to spend a winter season in Whistler, BC snowboarding? - This is your chance!
Snowboard Addiction is looking for interns to work with us in Whistler, Canada for 4-6 months, 20-40 hours per week for the following:
- Graphic Design/Web Design
- Snowboard Coaching
- Business Development
- Product Development
Read this blog to see a first hand perspective of what it's like to be an intern (click here)
Internships are available any time of the year. We ideally want people to work and snowboard with us. Remote work is considered, but not preferred.
You will learn to practically apply skills, snowboard HEAPS (or chill/mountain bike HEAPS if you apply during summer) and gain immense knowledge and experience of how a small snowboard company works. We will also throw a strong reference towards your resume and work opportunities are a possibility at the end of your internship.
Details of the Internship:
- Internships are unpaid (but can lead to future employment after the completion of your internship if a position is available)
- You will need a working visa to intern if coming from abroad (these are relatively easy to get)
- 20-40 hours per week
- 4 - 6 months (anytime of the year)
- If you can showcase prior work (marketing/advertising/filming/editing), please include samples of previous work
- You must arrange your own visa/housing/snowboard pass (although we do get a special industry discount on the mountain pass)
You must answer the following questions in your cover letter:
1. Why are you right person for this internship?
2. How you are going to improve Snowboard Addiction with your skills?
3. What dates are you looking to intern?
4. Are you going to be comfortable, interning 20-40 hours a week + snowboarding/socializing (we prefer candidates who do not work elsewhere during their internship with us)
5. What do you want to learn with us? What do YOU want to get out of this internship?
You must email our General Manager, Saxon Farnworth, at email@example.com with a cover letter (and answers to the above questions) + resume + samples or links to previous work (if available). Any applications not including the above information will not be eligible.
We have hundreds of people apply for internships with us every year. Only VERY SERIOUS candidates should apply.
Thanks and we look forward to meeting you :D